Happy Thanksgiving!! (A day early) It has been awhile since I have posted on this blog. I have been kind of anti-blog lately. Sometimes I feel like a slave to my blog, it is just one more thing to do. I usually enjoy it, but I have moments where I just don't have it in me to blog. Anyway, Anton has been keeping busy with school. He had mid-terms again last week, but as always he managed just fine. He has been doing really well this term, he is so dang smart! I have been trying to keep busy with Madilyn. She is starting to get addicted to Disney movies since the weather has been less than enjoyable lately. Her favorites are "Beauty and the Beast", "Peter Pan" and "The Little Mermaid". She also loves "Signing Time". I need to find better activities for us to do other than movie watching. She loves reading, actually she loves looking at books. Whenever we leave the house she always has to have a book in her hand. Lately her favorites are, "What was I Scared Of?" by Dr. Seuss, "Summer of the Monkeys" (more of a young adult type book, I think she just likes the pictures of the monkeys on the front) any Amelia Bedelia book (I think it is because she likes the hat that Amelia Bedelia wears), she is pretty funny with her choice of books.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Thanksgiving
Anton is excited to have a couple days off from school, but we will be pretty busy this weekend with family stuff going on. We are spending Thanksgiving Day with Anton's family and my family is doing our big dinner on Saturday as usual. I did a "I am thankful for list..." last year so I figured I would keep up the tradition.
I am thankful for... (not ranked in any way at all)
1. Disney movies, they allow me almost enough time to shower and get ready in the morning without my little one following me around.
2. My husband and his continual patience with me.
3. My beautiful little girl wear I am learning more patience.
4. My family (to include Anton's family).
5. Sister to sister relationships which are unlike any other.
6. My parents for raising me to know what is good and true.
7. My friends, old and new. I have been blessed my entire life since the age of about 5 with GREAT friends (you all know who you are).
8. MAC make-up, it makes me feel prettier.
9. The Gospel of Jesus Christ, it has been my compass in this crazy world.
10. Food, shelter and clothing (I thank Uncle Sam for our food and Financial Aid for our shelter and clothing)
11. Good books
12. Easy, quick dinner recipes
13. Exercise (it just makes me feel better, I am not saying I always enjoy it.)
I will stop at 13, hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Posted by Jennifer at 11:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I have to tell you that I am so happy that you're getting Madilyn hooked on such great literature! Amelia Bedelia is one of my absolute favorites and who doesn't love a good Dr. Seuss? Well done Mama!
Post a Comment